Sunday, January 8, 2012

'Disney's Epic Mickey' Review

I know this game came out a year ago, but since I only just started a Disney blog, I thought I would review some past stuff. I also know that many were disappointed when this game came out, and I can't figure out why. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention to things that seasoned gamers will complain about, but I love Epic Mickey. I thought it was a great and challenging game that was re-playable because of all the hidden stuff hidden throughout it. It was also a game that is rich in Disney history, with its many characters from the famous company' past It's also this reason, however, that makes the game seem depressing. This isn't a complaint, but you can't help but feel sorry for these cartoon characters that were forgotten. I admit that a big Disney fan like myself had never heard of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit before Epic Mickey. Or the Gremlins, for that matter. But this is also positive, because the game introduces generations of fans to characters that they had never heard of, and by adding Mickey, it appeals to his fans.
Best Moment: I've gotta say, the scene where Oswald gives the heart back to Mickey was very well done. You can see the amazement on his face when it lands in his hands.
Best Hidden Secret: The basketball court in the matterhorn.
Best Disney Reference: Walt's apartment in the firehouse.
Overall: I think that if you take out what the game could have been, Epic Mickey is a lot better. Camera issues aside, it's a great game, and returns Mickey to the way he should be. Not a goody two-shoes, but an adventurous, mischievous hero.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment